Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hooray...the laminate is done!

Today, dad and I were able to finish up the laminate flooring. I think we had saved the hardest for last...the master bedroom hallway...it was the most narrow, shortest and had some ugly cuts. I am totally proud that we were able to accomplish this job that i started. My dad is great for taking on this challenge. I think the floors turned out good, although I know where all the flaws are, and hope that they will not be too visible to everyone else. I am a little bummed that I do not have the tolerance to do the bedrooms as I had planned. All I can say is new carpeting here we come! And hopefully not too long away, the new ceramic tile that is going into the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room (and yes dad is taking on the challenge again). The house was tired and in need of some TLC. However, it never occurred to me that I would be repainting baseboards, window seals, doors and possibly some walls. The house will be like new soon. As one of the commercials say...maybe I'll "fall back in love with my house".

1 comment:

  1. nice floors!! I would love to do that......I am tired of carpet!

    ReplyDelete