Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grateful to be a mom

Mothers Day gift 2007 (fond memory) having my son and daughter

Mothers Day gift 2008 (and still blooming)

Mothers Day gift 2009 (shopping spree for Nate)


Best Mothers Day gift of all

Mom to Nathaniel

Mothers Day brought no worldy gifts to this mom this year. Momentary saddness in a wordly way. I had given Nate numerous hints over and over for almost a month for a charm bracelet that i wanted. Nate said, I had no money and if i was to get money from dad, then it would be a gift from dad and not me.....words for thought from a teen boy I guess. So we found ourselves at the outlet mall (after sleeping in and missing church) shopping for summer clothes for Nate. I hounded and teased him a bit for not buying his mom a gift. Sometime at the end of our shopping spree, Nate said mom, you had the priviledge of shopping for your son today! Yeah, I guess he was right. Good thing I love him.

3 comments:

  1. Spending the day with Nate is the best gift of all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got that time together, even if it wasn't exactly what you wanted to be spending the $$$ on. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just came across your blog and wanted to say "hi"! How is everything with you and your family?

    ReplyDelete