Wednesday, June 29, 2011

20 years ago...


I Do

...I married the love of my life and we only had our future to look forward to. It was a small, simple wedding in a church gymnasium (don't ask how we wound up here) surrounded by family and friends. And it is totally obvious by the pictures that the eighties styles had continued to hang around awhile. We said our I Do's and then headed to one of the most fun receptions that I have ever been to.

Cutting the cake before it totally melted and collapsed
A Mexican fiesta on a nice hot California day
We had a  Mexican buffet and dance in my grandma Squires backyard. Some local kid did our music. Family helped with the food. We had a fantastic money dance...not sure if people really have those at weddings or not any longer. Grandma was a bit tipsy and did the Mexican hat dance with my best friends brother. I am so happy that even when life happens...that happy memories can still remain.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the memories! I still remember Grandma doing the hat dance.

    ReplyDelete