Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Birthday Weekend

FRIDAY

I had Nathan to myself for the first part of the day on his birthday. We started the morning off by going to breakfast at Our Place where Nathan enjoyed a chocolate chip waffle in the shape of Texas. We then went to the movies and watched the Green Lantern....which for all the comic book movies was just okay. I then attempted to get him some slip on Vans and none of the local stores had any (will have to get these another day). 
We attempted a self portrait...not so well
In the evening, Nathan and the gang hung out at the house eating Costco pizza and a five layer chocolate cake. Yes...they sang happy birthday to him too.


They then spent a few hours playing Dungeons and Dragons.



SUNDAY


After missing this musical the past three years...we went to the matinee of Monty Pythons Spamalot. Nathan did like this musical, but informed me that he like Avenue Q better....{YUCK}. I found the musical to be very entertaining. And I keep thinking of the lyrics "Always look on the bright side of life" and how profound those words really are. 

Why or why is it so hard to smile at times?
Afterwards, we enjoyed dinner at Salt Grass Steakhouse for this carnivore. This was actually Nathans choice for dinner even if the picture doesn't give him justice. I would say that he was one spoiled kid this weekend. And really...all eighteen means is that he can now legally vote...move out...and well...is on his way to being a full fledged adult.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is 18 and going off to college! I am so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete