Sunday, February 27, 2011

And the birthday Continued

Last night Steve and mom threw me a somewhat surprise party at the local bowling alley. I say "somewhat surprise", as I was totally convinced that Steve was going to forget about me with as busy as he is with school and work. Then there was the whole weekend with my guys being in Iowa and all on my actual birthday. I guess both mom and Steve decided to tell me that something was being planned so I wouldn't pout. Anyways, a turning 40 party i got. And it totally ROCKED!

last weekend it was a tiara...tonight "its all about me necklace"
Actually I was pretty surprised as I would never have thought about bowling. I love bowling even though I am not very good. And as we are walking in the family was all there along with Rod, Jeanette and Trent. Then Lisa, Leslie and Patty arrived...then Becky and Alan...and then our neighbors Sheri, Don and Austin. 
Don and Sheri
Leslie, Patty, me and Lisa
Sally and Stephanie
 Lanes were formed and the bowling started. Most of us were pretty bad...well except for a few...like Becky getting four strikes in a row....Steve kicked it into his normal on the second game...Jeanette had brought her personal ball and shoes.

Axel and Brody
Thanking Steve with a big smooch
I think mom got a strike
Rod and Jeanette
friends and family in background
Becky, Alan and me

Trent and Nathan who both aren't too fond of bowling
I had a blast of a time. I got to spend time with those who actually matter to me. I got showered with gifts {giddy}. Childish I know...but who doesn't love to be spoiled every now and then. I will never be able to thank these people in my life enough for my party. 

3 comments:

  1. That looks like it was a lot of fun!! I hope you had an overall good birthday. I hate it when it feels like just another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect a bowling surprise party next year for my 40th-along with the whole family. I am glad you guys got to have a good time. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well next year, ya'll come to TX in July & we can see what we can do

    ReplyDelete