Monday, December 12, 2011

foot surgery and crutches

notice the cute and festive painted toe nails

Ten weeks ago, I tripped over a portion of uneven sidewalk and broke my foot. Unfortunately, the bone/joint decided it did not want to heal and surgery was in order.Time was running out as I will soon be without insurance and my deductible happened to be met. Last Thursday I opted to have a pin placed and assist the healing process along.


This lovely and nuisance of a boot is my new attire and going to be with me almost every moment for the next four to six weeks. I am totally nonweight bearing at this time and have now become dependent on those kind enough to help me....I have had a few great friends with this...but...thank goodness for moms! I am normally very independent and am so in need of the motherly help at this time. It is hard to come to the realization of now being dependent on others for a time.

Crutches are now apart of my every ambulatory movement. We are slowly becoming friends as I have only tried to break the rest of my body two or three times. It is quite a site to see at times...especially when I get myself into my parents 4x4 truck.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there to hang out with you. Hopefully it will heal fast now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's no fun. But at least your toes look pretty.

    ReplyDelete