Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflecting on 2011

2011 has been quite a ride....many life events that lead to nothing but change. Some of these that I will treasure forever....and others that I wished would never had made an appearance. Either way...it will be a year that will always have a mark in my life....it will be part of my story and journey....a part of what makes me....well me.

So I have chose a variety of pictures from the past year....no particular order.


After doing zumba for a year...I got into the best shape and became pretty fit. Sadly, since my foot incident...I will have to work my hiney off and get here once again. At this time...that appears to not be for at least another month.


I turned 40


I had some girl time in Balboa this past summer. Met some new people and reconnected with some old friends.


Foot surgery December 8th after dealing with a non healing broken foot since October. It was time for a screw, the inability to work and the generosity of some very great people. But don't worry I will get it together and be able to pay the niceness forward this next year.


We became parents to a high school graduate this June.


I made my yearly visit to Seattle to see Jodie and the kids this past winter.


One of my besties came to visit in September....more girl time and a great support during what would turn out to a very sad part of my year..


A Halloween party and a chance to just be me...goofy.


I became a college mom to the boy who went off to the University of Houston

And then I found this quote and will make it a part of the life to which I am now headed for.

As I reflect here...I am grateful for the many good memories...the ability to learn from the not so good...and look forward to 2012...and hopefully the peace and happiness that will come with the choices that have been made.

Happy New Years Eve Day!


Kelly

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be a great new year! But I hope I don't have to wait until Christmas for you to visit!

    ReplyDelete