Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Empire State Building


We bought tickets to the Statue of Liberty prior to our trip. In fact about two months prior and we were only able to get tickets for the pedestal (the crown had already been booked through August). In the end it was a good thing, because I thought that my lungs were going to burst walking up the 130+ steps. It is 354 steps to the crown. I highly recommend buying these tickets ahead of time as it kept us out of the 1-2 hour wait for the ferry.

The ferry ride to and from is just beautiful. And the view from the pedestal is fantastic. The museum inside was easy to follow, but the kids were bored with the reading pretty quick. We were able to take a lot of great pictures of the city. The picture of  the four of us in front of the original torch.





I took over 500 pictures of our trip and will post a link when I once I get them transferred to a photo site.
         
                                           



2 comments: