Thursday, October 7, 2010

Busy Busy Days


Pumpkin Cookies that I helped Axel make

My days are totally filled right now....and I am content. This time last year, I would never have predicted that I would be working more days for less pay and during the day. I am. And I am happy doing so. I am trying to revel in the bustling of activity; as I know swim season will end in the mid winter....my son will graduate this coming spring and leave the nest next fall. And, even my Friday Pal, will one day not be here...as he to will eventually have to go to kindergarten. Then I will be left with a lot of time on my hands dreaming of the times that I was beyond busy.

Today, I had my Friday Pal on Thursday. For the first half of the day, I was a spit fire of energy. We went for a morning walk with Thumper. Came home and made sugar cookie dough. At which time I taught him the joys of eating batter. We then went out back and started cutting back my Texas Lilac tree until I was stung by a wasp.....well make that four. It was then time to cut out and bake our pumpkin cookies. I then taught Axel how to use scissors and he practiced his cutting skills on halloween paper. By this time, Aunt Kelly was pooped and I decided it was time to implement quiet time so that I could take a nap.

Then I must have just puttered around, while Axel went between watching cartoons and practicing his new found cutting skills. Next thing I knew is that he zonked out for a nap. A little late for our quiet time.


Axel decided to take a nap on his pumpkin

The rest of the evening was spent with Nathaniel and Pam here at the house. Well...again.....me all over the place with the two of them on the couch.

3 comments:

  1. Axel will need after school care & you can volunteer in his class on a day that I don't

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great aunt! I wish I had family close. Best of luck with a senior, yikes! Fun to read about your life on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Axel. Looks like you had fun! My computer is finally workiing right.

    ReplyDelete